The Creative Guidance Anthology
Once a year, the Creative Guidance Writers Group will produce an anthology of our best work. The first anthology will be released next year, in November 2017 — just in time for holiday gift-giving!
- The book’s cover and interior pages will be professionally designed, printed, and promoted on Amazon.com.
- As a contributor, you’ll receive one copy of the anthology. You’ll be able to purchase additional copies for 50% of the cover price.
- Best of all, as a contributor, you’ll be able to create your own Amazon author page.
- You’ll retain the copyright to your own work, as well as future publishing rights.
- Submissions should be previously unpublished.
- Flash fiction: Short stories of 1,000–7,500 words.
- Short stories: Short-short stories of 100 to 1,000 words.
- Memoirs: True stories drawn from personal experience: 1,000–7,500 words.
- Poetry: Metered or free verse; no length requirements.
- Illustrations: Original drawings, paintings, and photos with a literary look.
- You must be a member of the group to be included in the anthology. Membership is free and open to the public. Visit creativeguidance.com for details.
- The first round of submissions closes on November 30, 2016.
- You may submit flash fiction, short stories, memoir, and poetry.
- You may also submit original drawings, paintings, and photographs that can be used to illustrate the anthology. Your images don’t need to relate to a written piece, but they should be suitable for a literary journal.
- You may submit as many pieces as you like. The submission fee is $20 for your first piece and $10 for each additional submission.
- Submissions must be suitable for a general audience. Adult themes are acceptable, but explicit sex and violence are not.
- Acceptance is not guaranteed, but we’ll make every effort to ensure that each member’s best work will be represented.
- Before publication, your piece may be lightly edited for grammar, spelling, and length.