I’m Corrine Kenner, and I’m a reader, writer, and … a time traveler. If you call and I don’t answer the phone, it’s probably because I’m lost in a book about Victorian England or fin de siècle France.
I started my career as a newspaper reporter, and in the years since then I’ve worked as a magazine editor, media relations specialist, ghostwriter, and desktop publisher. I’ve written hundreds of newspaper, magazine, and website articles, as well as dozens of how-to guides and technical manuals.
Many of my books have been translated for a worldwide audience: they’re available in Chinese, French, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, and Turkish.
I’ve lived in Brazil, where I learned Portuguese, and Los Angeles, where I earned a bachelor’s degree in philosophy from California State University. I’ve also had the good fortune to speak at conferences across the United States, Canada, and England.
I now live in DeLand, Florida, a small town halfway between Daytona Beach and Orlando.
- Afterthoughts: A Guide to the After Tarot (2017)
- The Colors of Light: The Official Guide to the Impressionist Tarot (2015)
- The Ghosts of Devils Lake: True Stories from my Haunted Hometowne (2013)
- Astrology for Writers: Spark Your Creativity Using the Zodiac (2013)
- Tarot and Astrology: Enhance Your Readings with the Wisdom of the Zodiac (2012)
- The Wizards Tarot Deck and Guidebook (2011)
- Susan and the Mermaid: A Rediscovered Story by Pamela Colman Smith (2010)
- Tarot for Writers (2009)
- Simple Fortunetelling with Tarot Cards: Corrine Kenner’s Complete Guide (2007)
- Crystals for Beginners: A Guide to Collecting & Using Stones & Crystals (2006)
- Tarot Journaling: Using the Celtic Cross to Unveil Your Hidden Story (2006)
- Tall Dark Stranger: Tarot for Love and Romance (2005)
- The Epicurean Tarot (2001)
I started my career as a newspaper reporter, and then moved into media relations, magazine editing, book publishing, marketing, and website development. Over the years, I’ve worked as a staff writer for The Orange County Register in Santa Ana, California; as a media relations specialist for Children’s Hospital of Orange County in California; as a copy editor for the Pioneer Press in St. Paul, Minnesota; as an editor for Llewellyn Publishing in St. Paul, Minnesota; and as director of communications for Cadgraphics, Inc., which makes fire and security software for corporate and government clients like Microsoft and the Department of Homeland Security.
In addition to writing and editing, I also like graphic design — because good writing won’t be read if it looks hard to read. The skills I learned in traditional publishing have made the leap into electronic publishing, too, and I’ve self-published some of my work.
I earned a bachelor’s degree in philosophy from California State University, Long Beach. Studying philosophy helped me learn how to think critically and communicate clearly.
I’m currently enrolled in Humber College’s postgraduate creative writing program.